Updated Pastel Thanksgiving decor
Want a quick way to update your fall and thanksgiving decor? Take autumn oranges, yellows, and browns, and turn them around – into pastels! I am so inspired by ghost pumpkins, with their bluey white tinge and greyish green boo pumpkins.
I first fell in love when spying the beauties at my local Whole Foods market. I wanted to buy all the pumpkins: the teal blues, cool greens, and whites…..but yeah unfortunately not in my budget.
So I sorted through the awesome collection at Whole Foods,, picked the best mini whites and after, headed straight for the dollar store. (Side note, I used to be all snotty about shopping at the dollar store – no more! They are a great resource for seasonal items. Glad I got over myself!)
It did not disappoint. I bought several sizes of styrofoam pumpkins, and a couple of packages of faux acorns and pine cones. I loved that they even had jumbo acorns mixed in, its a fun juxtaposition. Michaels craft store was my last stop, I was looking for a tightly wound, very thin vined grapevine wreath and some moss.
Everything else I had in my stash at home…
- craft paint: white, cream, soft green, dark turquoise blue- to paint pumpkins, pinecones, acorns
- white glue and gold glitter (for acorn tops)
- hurricane style glass vases and candles
- pastel papers to cut out leaves.
- Add layered table runners candles, fairy lights, even a few pastel silk flower blossoms scattered in to complete your look.
- I also cute out a wood veneer squirrel with my Cricut Maker for a little whimsy.
You could create this tablescape not only for Thanksgiving, it’s perfect for general fall decorating, or even a Woodland Tea Party.
I love looking at all the little details – all the pieces! of creating a new take on classics. I hope you feel inspired to shake things up a little as well.
And you know, if you can’t make it happen this year, Pin It! and your ready to take it on next year!
thanks so much for stopping by!